Friday, December 19, 2008

Future Self-Portrait




I've been working on a twelve painting story that is taking me forever, so I've been getting antsy to post something in the meantime. This paining is a portrait of my future self- a future self-portrait. Notice that I am dressed in clothes that I wish I could justify wearing now. There are certain things I think you have to earn your way into wearing, like a fedora (which you can only wear if you're an old man or Frank Sinatra), or cowboy boots (which you can only wear if you're an old man or a real cowboy). Also notice that I will be carrying a pistol to scare youngsters and shoot raccoons.

2 comments:

Mike Carp said...

This is such a good idea. I never thought about what I would look like in 50 years, and I never knew I could get away with stylin' awesomeness.

In addition to putting aside money in a 401(k), I am also going to start setting aside ideas for things I want to wear.

Idea #1: A Cape.

Moldy said...

I think when I am old my "old man clothes" will be a tuxedo and maybe some big headphones. The outfit isn't all that funny in itself but mowing the lawn and changing the oil on the cars and picking up some meat from the butcher in a tuxedo would be hilarious. Like how jeans have come from being work wear to casual wear, I imagine in the future the same thing will happen to the tux. And I want to stay ahead of the curve. That is about the only thing I could come up with so I will have to ponder and maybe come up with something even cooler for an old man me to wear.